01. The Reality of a Chosen Odyssey  

Posted by Dr. Dheena Sadik in , , ,



As I gazed across my Surgery book towards the open window, I remember the icy cold wind tingled my face. It felt so permanent, as though it would last forever, until unpleasant memories of the furnace hot summer limited the pinnacle of that moment.



College. So much substance and innumerable ingredients. All the variety of sharp observations, upright lessons, rich experiences and of course unforgettable memories. I recall my milestone days as a fresher. Alas! Those were not luscious constituents of my quest. From unpalatable salty hard water to sand-storm garnished air at fifty four degrees in blazing summers; All we could wish was the silent winter, until I was surprised to notice my frost-bitten, blue numb nails one Monday morning; Proving to myself I was still an amateur to life's new encounters cascading in coordination with every sunrise.


The mere fact of living with individuals your own age. Neither wise old grandparents encircling us with highly orthodox limitations nor the genuine cry of a newborn nephew who stepped into the enigmatic society. In reality, was I deprived of those experiences which are essential interlocking pieces to the jigsaw puzzle of life? Or in contrary, did I harvest more than I sowed the past half decade? I reckon certain scenarios are more feasible left miscalculated, when your instincts sense negative variables in the conclusive equation.


Unity in diversity was the parchment icing for the complicated cake we baked. Honestly, it wasn't a fantasy bed, decorated with dew drops on rose petals, to sail aboard a ship of a variety of over a double dozen citizens. Was it essential to elect a captain for the crew? Eventually despite the common odyssey, in reality we were cruising towards individual ports of our own ambitions.


Sizzling soccer matches, heated debates and quadriceps throbbing musical concerts, uplifted us to fly without wings. Sitting back at home one lethargic evening during a summer vacation, I felt the inertia crawling exponentially. Beyond a shadow of doubt, even seven decades later, despite all the unimaginable technological advances accomplished, I can't persuade myself of the possibility of a time machine which could rejuvenate all that seasoning.


Chronologically, as our cytoplasm advances to maturity, we realize a quiet bird in our palms is more tangible than a lovely couple chirping in the clear blue sky. I am contented by this bittersweet voyage, which conclusively added a unique aroma and flavor to my life's sunshine garden. I'd probably be a hypnotized zombie living in monotony unless Sind awoke the latent extrovert who was hibernating in disguise within me.

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 1:00 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

20 comments

to keep it short, the best blog post i've ever read.

brilliantly written, superb image selection and synchronisation. from now on, i admit, blogging is an art!

keep it up! and hope u can gift us readers with more such wonderful stuff...

kudos!

May 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Thank You

June 1, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Terrific and well assembled. I enjoyed the information and your use of pictures. Your style in writing and true concern for peoples well being is displayed. You should be rewarded for your efforts and may GOD bless us all...

Peace to you!

June 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Thanks for inviting me to your blog Dina. Its great to meet you and I look forward to the "time" you were talking about to know more about you.

Great work.

July 23, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Thank You Scott. Your kind words are much appreciated. This is the article that got Chosen Odyssey catalyzed. May God Guide and Bless us all. Amen

July 25, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Dagmara  

I wish that level of English (and richness of vocabulary) one day :)

July 28, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Stacey C  

Very nice! Woven beautifully.

July 29, 2009 at 1:41 AM
Noemi  

The rich and sophisticated vocabulary has touched me too, being an ESL teacher. Very nice, Dina!

July 29, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Ley  

You write with such beautiful description Dina.. it always leaves me with such a rich and fulfilled feeling ... fabulous!

July 29, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Ley  

You write with such beautiful description Dina.. it always leaves me with such a rich and fulfilled feeling ... fabulous!

July 29, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Anthony  

Loving what can be...

July 29, 2009 at 1:43 AM
Noel  

I'm speechless Dina .... wonderful work!!!!

July 29, 2009 at 1:43 AM
Margrit  

Dina you are a joy to have as a friend with your overflowing juicy life force bursting from the seams. I can just imagine you at campus for ever aspiring higher, squeezing a few extra drops where non are left yet for you they drop, challenging every Prof. :-) You GO doctor of life!

July 29, 2009 at 1:44 AM
Ramesh  

Great !

July 29, 2009 at 1:44 AM
Mai  

Dina, your are gifted, i felt the chill and the heat, the water and the sand all in a few moments while reading this wonderful article, AMAZING, God bless you.

July 29, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Robyn  

Woah...I've read twice and speechless. U have a special gift Miss Dina. THANK U for sharing. U truly are inspiring.

July 29, 2009 at 1:47 AM

THANK YOU ALL for your generous words of appreciation. Glad you liked it. These are simply the tip of the iceberg of the challenges I faced. The spectrum was deeper and wider. I could write a book on that meromorphic era.

July 29, 2009 at 2:00 AM
Anonymous  

Thank you for sharing..... !!
I have to say this
brilliantly written !!

August 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Thank You for your appreciation.

August 5, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Atifsuniverse  

SubhaanAllahe Wabehumdehe!!! Your inspiration shines through like Sirius and gushes forth like Zamzam.

August 26, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Post a Comment